Tuesday 28 April 2015

Drawing a bit of a long bow ...

... on choosing my tombstone design for this month!

You see, I searched high and low for a tombstone design that I liked (unfortunately I didn't seem to see any of the lovely ones which have popped up on the blog this month).

But, in my searching, I found this wonderful free design by La Comtesse de la pointe de croix. She has an absolutely gorgeous blog and has a lot of wonderful free designs (nearly 150), so well worth a visit.

Now, if you look very closely on the left hand side, you can see some little crosses - they are my "tombstones".  Tiny, but they are there.



I finished it as a plain cushion with some leftover quilt fabric on the back.



Happy Halloween
La Comtesse de la pointe de la croix
32 ct Belfast Linen 
Hand dyed "Evening Sky"
GAST Royal Purple

I love this design and it was such a joy to stitch - I love the castle, especially.

                                                    hugs, Kaye (Kitten Stitching)


9 comments:

Heather said...

Ooo love this one!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I've been to La Comtesse and love the designs! This is a lovely pattern the way you stitched it up!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic choice! I stitched this one some time ago. On my favourite orange fabric. I scrapbooked it recently so I ought to show it again!

Lili said...

Very pretty ornament!!! I love it!! :)

Gwen said...

Nice stitching. Thanks for the link.

Kaisievic said...

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words.

Rita said...

Nice one!

Thanks for the link too.

Marcy said...

Love it! This one is on my to-do list.

cheryl said...

Wonderful design - thanks for sharing the link! What a lovely finish.